Thursday, 18 February 2010

Sustainability Manifesto

It's 3.30 in the morning and I have just finished my sustainability manifesto for tomorrow. A week long project that I changed 10 times. I kept trying to come up with something really 'meaningful' but ended up going in a completely different direction. My final outcome has a very simple manifesto, 'sustainability shouldn't have to be complicated, so here's a helping hand'. I wanted to erase all the dull information that goes along side sustainability that i'm sure is half the reason why people don't really pay attention. I devised dialog boxes that would pop up when you go to print something or put your computer on sleep mode that encourage you to use recycled paper or shut your computer down to save energy. The dialog boxes are the helping hand.



Because dialog boxes are a hard medium to work comfortably into a nice poster design I just decided to embrace their uncomfortableness. I went a bit David Carson and used pixellated images of cursors and symbols that everyone associates immediately with computers.


No comments:

Post a Comment